Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Organs of Digestive System

Digestion: it is a physiological process by which complex complex food particles are broken down into simple form for absorption & subsequent utilization.

Organs of Digestive System:
Gastrointestinal Tract
1, Oral Cavity (Mouth)
2, Oropharynx
3, Esophagus
4, Stomach
5, Small Intestine
a)      Duodenum
b)      Jejunum
c)      Ileum
6, Large Intestine –
a. Caecum                             b. Ascending Colon
c. Transverse Colon                d. Descending Colon
e. Sigmoid Colon                    f. Rectum,
g. Anal Canal                         h. Anus.
.
Accessory Organ
1, Teeth
2, Tongue
3, Salivary gland
4, Pancreas
5, Liver
6, Gallbladder

Gastrointestinal Gland
1, Salivary gland
2, Pancreas
3, Liver
4, Gallbladder
Functions of Digestive System:
1, Ingestion – The process by which food is taken into the Digestive tract.
2, Digestion – the process in which ingested food is broken down in the Digestive tract into 
                      a form that can be  absorbed & assimilated by the tissue of the body.
3, Absorption – the uptake of fluids by the tissues of the body.
4, Excretion – the elimination of waste products from the body.


Digestion Process:
Food enters into the GIT (Gastro-intestinal tract); different types of enzymes are secreted from various parts of the GI tract. These enzymes convert various food materials into small units for absorption into blood.

The digestive end products of different types of food
Food
Responsible Enzyme
Digestive end products
Carbohydrates
Amylase, Maltase, Sucrase
Gulcose, Fructose, Galactose
Proteins
Pepsin, Trypsin
Amino acids
Fat
Lipase
Fattu acids & Glycerol


Some common GI problems:
1, Dyspepsia (Indigestion); Dyspepsia is definedd as pain or discomfort in the upper abdomen may be associated with nausea,  vomiting, fullness, bloating & heartburn.

2, Nausea  and Vomiting: Disagreeable sensation of sickness wanting to vomit;

3, Anorexia : Loss of appetite ;

4, Constipation ; Infrequent passage of hard stool with difficult and painful defecation .

5, Diarrhoea: An increased stool frequency and loose watery stools ;

6, Stomatitis: Inflammation of the buccal mucous membrane.

7, Glossitis: Inflammation of the tongue.

8, Pyrrhoea: Inflammation of the gum.

9, Peptic Ulcer; Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer is known as peptic ulcer.

10, Gastric ulcer – ulcer within the inner wall (mucus membrane) of the Stomach.

11, Duodenal ulcer – ulcer within the duodenum.
Ulcer: a break in the skin or in the mucous membrane lining to GI tract that fails to heal & is often accompanied by inflammation.

12, Intestinal Amoebiasis: It is an infectious disease by the parasite Entamoeba histolytica characterized by loose or semi formed stools with abdominal cramps.

13, Bacillary Dysentery/Shigellosis: A common disease caused by Shigella characterized by acute inflammation, diarrhea with blood & mucous in the stool.

14, Jaundice: Increased bilirubin concentration in the body fluid.

15, Hepatitis: Inflammation of the liver.

16, Hepatic Amoebiasis: Liver infection by amoeba.

17, Cirrhosis: Hepatic cellular damage.

18, Cholecystitis: Inflammation of the gallbladder.

19, Enteric fever: Intestinal fever caused by salmonella typhae / S. Paratyphae.

20, Appendicitis: Inflammation of appendix.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hggggg

Unknown said...

A GREAT THANKS TO DR.WEALTHY FOR CURING ME FROM GENITAL HERPES I AM SO HAPPY TO GIVE THIS TESTIMONY ARE YOU SUFFERING FROM THIS SICKNESS HERE IS DR WHO CAN HELP
I can’t believe my genital herpes is really cured, oh is by this time last year I start feeling bad about my life, I feel pain everyday of my life am very happy now that am really cured I couldn’t have do this on my own I wish is not God that help me with my helper I was searching the internet about this sickness last 3month when I found about great doctor wealthy, the man that keep his words I write the man email about my problem immediately I get a reply from him asking me to fill a form which I immediately did and send back to him after some mins he reply me that he have work on my cure that I need to provide some materials, which can enable him to work on my cure which I did on the next day of it, after some hours he inform me that he have getting the things needed for the cure and he is about to go on with the curing spell he called me again after 50mins that he is done with the cure that I should check my body and also go for test I cant believe I was negative a big thanks to him am very happy now with my family you can also get your self cured too from this sickness by contacting him through his email: wealthylovespell@gmail.com or whatapp +2348105150446 follow his instagram @wealthylovespell1 He also have a herbal cure for 7 other DISEASES;
1.HIV
2.SHINGLES
3.VIRAL HEPATITIS
4.INFLUENZA
5.IMPOTENCE,
6.BARENESS/INFERTILITY,
7.ANTHRAX
8 HPV
Contact him today and you will have a testimony…Good luck!

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

eye

Free counters!

 
Design by Armaniat | Bloggerized by Biology | Training Manual For Pharma Field Force